Calling all Year 10 & 11s!
On Friday 25th October, you could discover your future career. You can choose one of 50 placements so there’s something for everyone – and they all take place in real work settings across Hastings & St Leonards. Each placement includes:
- A hands on workshop giving a real taste of that career
- Meeting real professionals who can tell you about their world
- Guidance on the steps you can take to get there.
We’ve been working hard with professionals in the town to create exciting workshops with people who have done amazing things in their careers. The workshops include:
- Creating Virtual Reality content
- An emergency services training scenario
- Pitching a business idea
- Writing a song with Nova Twins and Kid Kapichi
- Shooting a music video
- Analysing statistics of a football match
- Designing a building from scratch
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
STEP ONE – CHOOSE A PLACEMENT
Download the booklet below and read through the placements carefully. Also, check out our Insta page for photos, videos and info on all of the placements.
STEP TWO – FILL IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Once you’ve decided, you need to fill in the application from with parental consent and hand it in to your school.
STEP THREE – FIND OUT YOUR PLACEMENT & ENJOY
You will receive confirmation of which placement you’ve been accepted on by your school, along with further details of the day. The placements all take place between 10am and 2pm on Friday 25th October. You must travel there yourself, just like a real job (unless it’s out of Hastings in which case there’s free transport).
Last year, over 400 students came and had a great time, with lots leaving inspired with ideas about what they wanted to do. We encourage you to throw yourselves in and make the most of this special opportunity!