17 January 2020 7.30am – 10am
Are you an employer who would like to engage with your future workforce?
Would you like find out how you and your business can positively impact the career pathways for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in East Sussex?
Would you like to understand what it means for a young person to have SEND and hear from fellow employers about their experience of working with young people with SEND?
Then join us for a FREE breakfast networking CPD on 17 January.
We warmly welcome employers interested in supporting the careers education of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities from across East Sussex. This training and networking morning will help you to develop your own skills and understanding of the local school landscape and discover how valuable employer engagement can be in supporting positive outcomes for young people with SEND.
The morning is a combination of keynote speakers, networking and discussions ensuring that you will be able to:
- Explore the meanings behind Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and how this may present in a variety of young people
- Discover the importance of careers education and the role of local business in driving this
- Meet other local businesses and employers that have a passion for supporting local schools how this has helped them with their business to engage young people with SEND into their workforce
- Take away top tips and useful resources to support you in delivering relevant careers activities in secondary schools or your workplace
- (If attending the iCan Careers Event) Support you in preparing for the iCan Careers Event both in orientation and ensuring you are equipped with all the information necessary to make the day a success for both you and your team and all the young people attending
This morning is completely free for all those attending and includes breakfast and a certificate of attendance from the East Sussex Careers Hub. Register your attendance or find out more by clicking HERE.