Due to Covid 19 children, young people and school staff are having to manage a whole host of new emotional life experiences and challenges. Boingboing CIC are able to offer free support for schools to further implement whole school approaches to supporting children and young people’s emotional well-being. Alongside this, support to implement personal, social and health education for primary and secondary schools is available. In addition, Boingboing can support schools with MHEW issues arising from Coronavirus (COVID- 19) and with any actions or planned activity from engagement in any of the new DfE wellbeing for education programme- ESCC mental health training offer for all schools.
Boingboing’s FREE offer can be utilised by schools in whichever way suits them and the package can be designed to suit any availability. School staff can attend from home or at school. The training can be delivered as twilight sessions or breakfast meetings if required.
Hastings schools can book 1 hour live digital training slots either as 1:1’s or as small group work. Packages can include:
- Whole School Approach consultation (Covid focus)
- Pupil or parent voice audits
- Using the East Sussex mental health guide training
- Teaching RSHE with confidence
- MHEW Primary school training bespoke or general
Hastings school staff can also access recorded digital training on specific mental health concerns, staff resilience and RSHE teaching tips. Videos will be released in the new year and will be available on the HOA website.
- Understanding Trauma part 1 –Summary of the twilight training course- with Dr Claire Stubbs
- Identifying and addressing mental health needs with Dr Claire Stubbs
- Key principles of Boingboing’s Resilience Approach with Gabrielle Rowles
- The Noble Truths – Planning resilient moves- RSHE support with Gabrielle Rowles
- Evidence-based strategies for staff wellbeing – Belonging – RSHE support with Gabrielle Rowles
- Relationships and Health Education- Where to start – intro to RSHE with Gabrielle Rowles
After viewing the short films, schools can request a Teams link to ask questions about the recordings or request further resources.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join the weekly MHEW RSHE Open Surgery. These will run every Thursday in Term time starting from 7 January and running until to 11 February, 3.30 till 4.30.